Public Education Section
The NH Division of Fire Safety's Public Education section develops and distributes educational fire and life safety programs and information to the public, community organizations, partners, and industry professionals.
The NH State Fire Marshal’s Office (NHFMO) public education program is temporarily operating at a reduced capacity.
State Fire Marshal’s Award of Excellence
This program is ongoing and we would like to hear from you. The State Fire Marshal's Award of Excellence in Fire & Life Safety recognizes New Hampshire youth that participate in an outstanding act in the area of fire and life safety that benefits the lives and well-being of those around them. We have been proud to recognize several of these local youth.
Please contact us at FMOpubliceducation@dos.nh.gov for more information or to submit a nomination.
Community Events and In-Person Trainings
Our staff welcomes the opportunity to participate in community events to help raise awareness of fire safety.
We are also available to schedule in-person educational workshops, such as Remembering When, and we are always happy to share digital outreach materials and resources.
Please let us know of your interest at FMOpubliceducation@dos.nh.gov.
Equipment Loan Program
Fire Departments may request to borrow educational equipment and props. Items available include:
- Sparky Costume
- Sparky Robot
- Sprinkler Demonstration Trailer
- Public Education/ Incident Command Trailer
- Hazard House
- Hazard Kitchen
- All requests must be made at least 30 days in advance.
- All requests are handled on a first-come, first served basis.
- In the event that an emergency arises during the time of the scheduled event, the NH State Fire Marshal's Office may be forced to cancel without notice.
- Please reach out for a request form at FMOpubliceducation@dos.nh.gov.