State Building Permit Program
The NH State Fire Marshal’s Office (NHFMO) administers the state building permit system for all state owned properties. This program covers the permitting, plan review and inspections for all construction work in state owned properties.
This building permit program applies only to construction that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- State owned property
- Community college system property
- Municipal projects for which we have received a written request for assistance
- Projects in municipalities without a code enforcement mechanism, from whom we have received a written request for assistance
To submit permit applications and plans, you may do so electronically, by mail, or in person.
Electronically: please email email@example.com to set-up a Box.com folder.
Division of Fire Safety
NH Department of Safety
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
We are open from 8am - 4pm, Monday through Friday.
We also have an after hours drop-box for your convenience, which is checked daily. It is located outside of our building at:
110 Smokey Bear Blvd.
Concord, NH 03301
Payments for permit fees will continue to be by mail, in person or via the drop box.
For an overview of the building permit program including the permit process, fee schedule, and documents please visit this building permit page.
Please note, our office has no jurisdiction over local building projects, with the exception of those noted above. Building code enforcement falls under local building officials. Please contact your local building official for assistance.
Forms and Guidance
- State Building Permit Application
- State Building Permit Program
- Variance Requests
- Tent Inspection Checklist
- Informational Bulletins
Laws, Rules and Codes
- Applicable law: New Hampshire Building Code RSA 155-A
- Administrative Rules: State Building Permit System Saf-C 8100
- All laws, rules and codes that pertain to the NH Division of Fire Safety.